Do I really need a Travel Insurance? Is it a waste money or is a traveler essential?
So what is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or within one’s own country.
Always Choose A Travel Insurance That Provide Wide Coverage, including when :
- You need Medical help for sudden illness or injury.
- You need emergency medical evacuation for Sudden Illness or injury.
- You have to cancel your trip due to unforeseeable events outside of your control.
- Your gear is stolen or damaged whilst travelling.
- Your Documentation and/or Luggage is Lost whilst travelling.
- You have Personal Accident during your travel.
Remember, don’t get any insurance if they does not cover any of these important point above.
Should I Go For Single Trip or Annual Insurance?
If you are a light travellers or does not have a fix travel plan thru out the years, going for Single Trip Insurance will be sufficient. But if you are a Regular Traveller who travel more then three (3) times a year, getting an Annual Insurance Plan will save you a lot. Depending on the Insurance Policy and Company that you are buying from, most have different level of coverage depending on which country you are most travelling to.
Until it happens, you probably don’t even think about it, but when something goes wrong, make sure you are covered. – by World Nomads
Which Insurance Company Should I Go For?
No insurance policy are the same various compare to each individual Insurance Company. Always remember to read thru the policy to fully understand what you are coverage and most important “what is not covered“. Go for what is most suitable for your travel style : are you a person who love :
- Adventure that need Extreme Sport Coverage?
- Photographer who are bringing your expensive gadgets for your travel?
- Travelling with your family that need a family insurance policy instead?
- Think wisely before choosing the most suitable policy.
What isn’t covered is just as important as what is?
Most Company will not cover you for pre-existing conditions or general check-ups. For example, if you have diabetes and need to buy more insulin, you won’t be covered. If you want to go see a doctor for a general check-up, you aren’t covered either. If you have previously experience Lung Infection, you might not be covered if any related symptoms that are related too during your travel schedule.
“Be A Smart Traveller and Get Covered No Matter What May Happen.” – By Nomattic Matt
Or you may end up like my friend, who felled down on a slippery floor. Ending up in local clinics and use up almost all his travel funding to treat his injured leg. Isnt it great if you are covered if incidents happen? Spend time to compare different insurance policy that best suits your travel style.